Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mystery Sissy

A little while back, the Church of Choppers had this cool photo of Dick Allen for it's header. Upon checking out the bikes I noticed something interesting about the swing arm chopper next to him.

The sissy bar appears to be of similar construction to the one on my '65 survivor.


Enlarged detail for a better look.


My '65. I've always wondered if this sissy bar was a one off, or a production piece made by a small company or shop. A flat bar with so many bends seems like it would be hard to make. Especially because it narrows just above the fender.

I've been following the chopper scene for along time but, have not seen an ad for or another bike with this sissy bar. If anybody can shed some light, let me know.

5 comments:

Vilmino said...

it was sold by S.I.E.

Vilmino said...

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac313/Evylchopper/Blog/afgadf.jpg

Noot said...

You haven't asked Uncle Irish yet?????

Chris K said...

Thanks Vilmino.

I know of S.I.E. from the old ads but don't remember ever see one advertised.

The link says the photo has been removed.

I'll have to recheck some of my old magazines for their ads.

Vilmino said...

take a look to my blog, I post it.