Wednesday, December 10, 2008

5 Ball Racing Team Art


Art for t-shirts, hats, and stickers

This above art was done for Keith Ball's (Bandit of Bikernet.com), Bonneville efforts. At first he used the design below but, then he asked me to modify a unused design originally proposed for the Chop 'n' Grind team.


The first design. As usually Keith wanted a pin-up


The original Chop N' Grind art


Digital color study

The designs were kept simple using only black, orange, and yellow to keep the printing cost down for the t-shirts and stickers. The color study was later done for a painted version I did for Michael Litcher's Stay Gold show in Sturgis. After the painting came back from Sturgis, I wanted to do some additional work on it. When I get the time, I'll post the complete procedure (step by step), of the painting process on Bikernet and a link on this site.

2 comments:

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

Ahhh, so here is where your hiding? I've been a fan of BikerNet.com for years.
Keith named me Mistress Marilyn...
And I did some work for him online.

I going to put your blog addy on my blog, and I know you will get a few more followers from that!

Excellent stuff...glad to meet you.
Chessie

Mad Mike said...

Amazing art. I have now found another blog to stop past when I feel like looking at some cool Motorcycle related stuff. Cheers