Sunday, April 4, 2010

This Month's Header

Spring has Sprung

Some things don't change

This month's header is from a drawing I did in 1970 (only two things were on my mind). Long forks and small front wheels ruled the day. Indian style girders were very popular and off beat colors like pink or magenta started showing up. The theme of a chopper rider and a hitchhiking woman is a recurring theme throughout chopper/motorcycle history. Later art by David Mann or the end of Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man come to mind. (8.5 "x 11" ink and color pencils)

2 comments:

max schaaf said...

super rad drawing!

Rick said...

I'm working on an illustration for a friend. Picturing him riding his Duce. I came across your blog while searching for inspiration and help on motorcycle artwork. I enjoyed looking at your blog. I have a few examples of motorcycle pieces on my blog that I've done. Not many. Two of my favorite...

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/2007/01/fat-hog_17.html

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/2007/01/easy-rider.html

If you can find the time.