Sunday, September 14, 2008

El Camino Antique MC Show

Click on title above for more info.
A reminder for those in SOCAL . The 33rd Annual El Camino Historic Motorcycle Show & Parts Exchange is this Saturday, Sept. 20, 2008, on the upper parking structure at El Camino College in Torrance, CA.

Below: My favorite bike in the 2006 show.I have to build one of these classic styled chops one day

Bator International Shot from 2006

One of my favorite events of the year. I haven't missed it since 1985, when it was a free event held in a shopping center parking lot at one time La Mirada and La Habra. I was glad when it was moved to El Camino in 1987 since it's only about 4-5 miles from me. The only downside, the day of the event is sometimes really hot. Last year it rained hard off and on, so it wasn't the best showing.
Stock Sucks! My 70 H-D in 2006 show

In 2006, my brother and I put our bikes in the show just to park in the upper lot not expecting to win anything. My brother just wanted to exhibit his un-restored 65. I told him to have it judged and he took first place in his class. I knew I wouldn't win anything. It did win 3rd place when it was fresh in 1994, and a first in 95.
Indian Lewy is a gloomy looking winner


No comments: